Monday, November 17, 2014

First Vietnamese word!

I had been reminded to continue to teach Allison Vietnamese words. The way to teach a baby isn't really to just talk in whole sentences. You have to use one or two word phrases, emphasize it, and use it consistently.
In the past, she understood the Viet and English word for "clap hands". She would do it on command when it is said. I hadn't done it in a while so I wonder if she remembers.
Every time I go to change her diaper, I say "change diaper". Lately I say it in Vietnamese, which is "thay tã". Yesterday while on the changing table (@14.5 months) she repeated that word every time I said it, like five times. It was cool and cute. But this morning, Tom went to change her diaper. He didn't say that word, but she did!! So she understands! So cool. I need to teach her some more short words. I think she understands more but can only say words with mainly vowels.

No comments:

Post a Comment