Thursday, March 19, 2015

Development stories

  1. While brushing teeth I often give her an old smart phone to watch videos so that she won't fight the teeth brushing. I keep it behind the mirror and she knows to point to it and ask for it only during teeth brushing time.
  2. She knows that we keep snacks in a certain pantry so when I ask her if she wants a snack, she goes to it and opens the door.
  3. Very consistent about pointing out the owls, butterflies and ducks in her bedroom. And dogs and elmo whenever she sees it. Any other animal she will call a dog tho, lol.
  4. When we read books over and over, she really remembers the words on some pages and will say it before we do. For other words that we teach her, she is able to remember it after only teaching a few times.
  5. She is able to count from 1 to 10 in alternating fashion with us. So I'll say 1, she says 2, I say 3, she says 4, and so on. It also works when I start on 2. I've counted from 1-10 a handful of times with her and they do that in school as well. It's pretty amazing to witness!
  6. March 10: when picking her up from school, she ran to me as usual and then went to go get her coat from the table (first time ever). It shows me that she knows the pattern.
  7. March 11: I asked for a kiss and she said no. I acted very sad so then she gave me lots of kisses. This shows me that she can understand feelings and even more, tries to make the situation better. Amazing!
  8. Tom has been working late so it's just me and her in the evenings. She asked about daddy and pointed to our bedroom.
  9. As of March 10 she calls out for "daddy". Said it the first time when she woke up crying for us. I don't think that she knows how to say mommy quite yet. She called me daddy when I picked her up from school and says it when I ask her to say mommy.
  10. When we pick her up from school and see that she is in the middle of fitting a wooden puzzle piece, she yells in delight to see us but finishes putting the puzzle piece in before running to us. Hehe.
  11. Unrelated but something I want to document. We taught her the sign language for "please" & "thank you" so when we ask her to say that in relation to giving her something she wants, she only signs it and doesn't say it. One time she was asking for something and keep signing please but I didn't pay attention so she said really loudly, "please!!" It’s funny to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment