Sunday, February 22, 2015

New foods

This morning, she ate two new foods really well and it surprised/impressed me. We had thin slices of toasted French bread. I ate it with brie cheese and wild caught smoked salmon from trader Joe's (yay to wild caught). I didn't think she would eat the lox so I just gave her the toast with brie cheese. I even expected her to take the cheese off but she didn't, and seemed to like the cheese so much that she was sucking it off the bread. When I gave her a piece of cheese on its own, she happily ate it. 

After a while, she asked for the lox. She usually shows interest in trying out new foods but would spit it out if she didn't like it. So I was expecting her to spit it out but she liked it! So much that she ate a whole bunch, I had to cut her off bc I wasn't sure of the affect it will have on her (smoked process uses nitrates, which is why pregnant women shouldn't consume it). Anyway, I am proud of her.

She's a decent eater. Not too too picky. Doesn't eat a lot but eats. So that means frequent eating during the day. She swallows her food very quickly so I wonder if she chews thoroughly; I have to keep reminding her to.

Later on, she is happily eating lunch with daddy and I put on my coat to go out and get a haircut. She says bye to me several times bc she saw me with my coat on. Lol. She did the same thing to her maternal grandma once, and it was the first time we saw that she knew that association.

No comments:

Post a Comment