Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 4 update

Baby Allison is growing bigger. One day she slept for 4 hours during the afternoon and then 5 hours starting at 7:30 pm. Online forums suggest that it is a growth spurt and I think it is true because she definitely feels heavier. They literally grow while they are sleeping which is amazing to me. Even to this day, all the baby does is sleep, sleep, sleep! Night time feedings have been going well.

Her 1 month check up at the pediatrician is coming soon and I am looking forward to seeing her official weight. I am not looking forward to the multiple shots she will get for vaccinations because she will cry in pain :( I really hate to see her cry in discomfort, like when we give her a bath.

I'm still hesitant to take her outside mainly because she sleeps so much and I don't want to wake her up to put her in the car seat which goes on the stroller. Or if I am outside, I'm scared if she cries. I know I just need to suck it up and do it. We've taken her out once, to Paris Baguette for a snack, and she did well. For longer stints like going to a restaurant or a store, I really don't know what it will be like and still have that hesitant feeling. I know I just need to bite the bullet.

BTW, yesterday I experienced my first "diaper blowout". That is when baby poops so much or forcefully that it shoots out the back of the diaper and spills out. It happened when she was laying across my lap in a flat position. The mustardy, oily poop went on my leg and the couch! luckily we have a sheet covering the couch and I was able to wash it.

I love how cute she looks when being burped. 

I'm sexy and I know it ;-)

She really loves sleeping on her tummy and we let her do it during the day when we can supervise

Even though she hates taking a bath for now, it really calms her afterwards

let's see how much of the crib space she will take over time :)

3 comments:

  1. There needs to be a 'like' button on this blog and for individual pics. Nice burpy face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the burly face too :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was she in the middle of a burp when you got this funny face?

    ReplyDelete