Friday, October 18, 2013

Week 5 & 6 updates

Sorry for not updating in a while, been kinda busy. Here are some things that happened:

Week 5:

  • Baby is starting to like warm baths now. She is very calm and really enjoys it!
  • There were 2 days when the baby was extremely fussy, more than usual. Usually, if she wants something, her cries would start off small and then gradually get louder until she got it. But during this period, she would be crying hysterically at the very start and in an anxious state. It all started in the middle of one night, only 1 hour after the last feeding. I woke up to hearing her cry alarmingly loud. It turns out she had trouble breathing because her nose was really stuffed. I characterize that as a "survival cry"and am glad that she was able to do that. There was another moment later that afternoon where she was crying a lot during feeding. She wanted to eat but couldn't. I burped her but didn't get a burp. After a long bout of trying to figure her out while she is crying, it turns out she had a big burp that was stuck, which preventing her from eating, which she was hungry. Once I got that stubborn burp out, she was ok for a little while. Things finally got better the next day's afternoon, where, during a moment of calm, we took her outside for a stroll. Since then she has been back to normal and I am glad!
  • The moment she stopped being fussy also coincided with the time we received in the make a rocker which vibrates. It is a place for newborns to sleep, sit, and has a continuous vibrating feature via battery. It can also rock back and forth when manually triggered by someone. I had high expectations for it, to calm the baby when fussy, but it doesn't do that. It does do a decent job when we can get the baby to a very drowsy state and put her in there, she will be able to fall asleep on her own, which saves us some time of manually rocking her to sleep and allows us to have a few free moments. 






Week 6:
  • Baby is getting chubbier! I can see it in the cheeks, her thighs, and she feels heavier. I wonder if I am overfeeding her or this is just normal growth. One thing I can do is not to assume she is hungry when she cries from waking up. Instead, I will comfort her and then check to see if she is hungry by putting my clean finger joint in her mouth to see if she accepts it. I will also make sure to stretch out the time between feedings to be 3 hrs. 
  • Baby is starting to smile socially while awake! She has smiled at me, her daddy, and grandma. It is such a wonderful sight to see and warms my heart. 
  • Baby has starting cooing - making talking sounds and responding back to us when we talk to her. We can now catch her gaze - when she has her eyes on our face, if we move our face from side to side, her eyes follow our movement. coolios. 
Daddy, why is the balloon following me?



Check out my pretty diaper from The Honest Company
Having a conversation with grandma
Chillin with my fwends
Í love to be in mommy's arms

No comments:

Post a Comment