Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Week 11 updates

Today, Allison is 11 weeks old! I have about 6 more weeks of leave before I return to work. It still sounds like a lot, but I am sure it will go by quickly. I need to enjoy every moment.

My mom has been coming over to help on a part time schedule since week 6 ish. 2 or 3 times a week. I am able to handle her on my own now. Since week 10, Allison has gotten a lot more easier, less fussy. I feel like I am in tune with her needs and know exactly when to feed or rock her to sleep, and exactly how so that she doesn't have to get hysterical to get what she wants. It's been enjoyable being with her. Since week 10, she is smiling so much more now, really enjoying facial interactions. As of today, she is much more vocal now too, really wanting to talk and carry on a conversation. It's because we talk to her, which is going to help her with verbal vocabulary. She is in the best mood in the morning, after a good long sleep. She greets me with a big smile when I come to her crib.

The holidays are upon us and I am very excited to celebrate her first Thanksgiving and Christmas. We will have joint family meals for both of them.

We bought a new camera, an advanced point and shoot, to better document our child. The instructions are a lot to read so we've not yet mastered it. I still have to go through the pics we've been taking on that camera.

Lastly, this past Sunday, we returned to LFCC church as a family. Baby Allison made her debut and was on her best behavior. That night she slept for a record 8 hours straight and then 4 hours. It was incredible. At church, she was so alert, did not cry, fed well, fell asleep right after, and then met many of our friends and did not cry. She was even talking and smiling to one of them, it was so cool to see. We look forward to her growing up in a church and learning about Jesus. We are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment