Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Allison is officially 1 years old!!!

Today is Allison's official birthday! I'm so happy that this day is finally here. Tom and I took the day off to spend with her (that means she didn't go to daycare). We were going to do a photography shoot with a professional but that had to be postponed. We wanted to do something fun with her but today she had a consistent fever of 102 degrees. Her body was very hot to the touch. She was very tired and took 2 long naps instead of one, and at the end of the day we realize that she teething. I felt the 7th tooth cutting her gum. This explains the drooling, food refusal and ear pulling.

Anyway, now that Alli is officially one, I can experiment with more foods such as egg, shellfish, honey and cow's milk, which isn't advised before one. Cow's milk is still something we will experiment with given the fact that she had an allergy to cow's milk protein (casein) which we discovered at 9 months.

This also means that I have been blessed to have been able to exclusively breastfeed her for one year, which is a major accomplishment! I am very thankful that it has been a pleasant experience for me, which is not always the case with everyone. My supply was in great danger at one point but thankfully was able to bring it up and maintain it.

wearing a pretty dress that paternal grandma bought for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment