Sunday, September 1, 2013

hello world

Mary here. this is my first post of what I hope will be a meaningful blog - one in which I can share my hopes, dreams, fears, and joys in this new journey I am about to embark on with my husband, Tom. Why have a blog, you might ask? I'm usually more private about my personal life (especially at work) but through past experiences, I've come to realize that we can't just isolate ourselves. In fact, we are all part of a community (whether intentional of not) and through the sharing of our lives we can depend on each other for encouragement and support. My hope for this blog is to 1) share with others what I am going through to get support 2) to articulate my thoughts and feelings with more depth than I could if I were asked in person "how are things going"? 3) to give insight to those who have not yet gone through this life experience yet and 4) to share all things baby Lee to friends and family who are far away from us.

Maybe Tom will be a guest writer on this blog as well. Now on to the good stuff.

1 comment: