Friday, September 27, 2013

Week 3 updates continued

Another difficult time is when the baby wakes up shortly after being put down in her bed (from being held or rocked to sleep by the caretaker). This happens often during the day time which renders the caretaker to be held hostage by the baby. This happened last night since 5:30 am until I was relieved by my mom who arrived at 9 am. Needless to say, it was a rough and annoying morning and boy did I need my make-up nap from 9 am to 11:30 am. The other nap that I usually take is mid day from 4-5 pm. The other day I experimented with forgoing that afternoon nap and that made get really tired by 7 pm. I am thankful for my mom who can help watch / feed the baby while I nap and also prepare meals for me.

On a positive note, when I am feeling restful and content, I am really enjoying my baby girl. I look forward to times when I get to hold her while nursing. A feeling of excitement and happiness overcomes me and I can't help smiling at this angel that I get to call my own.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to meet her. I have a small gift for her... maybe i can drop it off by your door sometime... If you need anything, let me know!

    ReplyDelete